Following are tips on printing green from the ASAE Convene Green Alliance:
- Make certain you clean up your distribution list so you do not overprint.
- Can your printed piece serve multiple audiences and purposes?
- Use recycled paper, vegetable- or soy-based inks, and aqueous coatings.
- Print on both sides using smallest standard-size paper possible.
- Ask your printer for an Environmental Impact Statement or other metrics.
- Use sustainably certified printers.
From Associations Now, July 2013, p. 44.