Even small associations and nonprofits now embrace digital marketing. They recognize the importance of SEO [Search Engine Optimization], so their messages may be found via Google, Yahoo, Chrome, Bing and other search engines — and YouTube – now the world’s second most popular search engine.
Andy Crestodina, strategic director of Orbit Media, responds to the question: “How long is ideal?” with, “It depends,” in his article, “The Ideal Length for Blog Posts, Tweets, and Everything Else in Your Marketing.”
- Blogs – 1,500 words (longer blogs usually result in higher SEO and more links)
- Emil subjects – no more than 50 characters
- YouTube Video – 3 to 3-1/2 minutes
- Tweets – 120-130 characters
- Facebook posts – 100-140 characters
- Domain name – 8 characters
- Meta description – 155 characters (shows up in search results, and cuts off if too long)
I look forward to Andy’s presentation on content strategy at CADM’s “Network with the Experts” seminar on May 8.