Are you sending your organization’s emails in a format that may be read on a mobile device? If not, you really need to reconsider. According to online marketing company Constant Contact, 88% of people between 18 and 30 years of age read email via their mobile devices. Further, 85% of those between 31-39 read email via their mobile devices.
Constant Contact’s Dave Gebhardt offers five email tips:
- Be concise in content and format.
- Use single column formatting.
- Use a single, clear call to action.
- Use a minimum of 11-point font in your message, 22-point for headlines.
- Only use essential images. Android’s default turns off images, so be certain to use the image descriptions. It’s also a best practice in reaching out to visually impaired members.