Today I participated in a webinar presented by Kinsey Mahan of MemberClicks, an association management system that one of my clients utilizes. She discussed Your Website: The Mothership of Online Member Engagement.
Kinsey provided the following tips on website content:
- Keep website content fresh. That encourages members…and prospects…to visit your site often.
- Customize your hero image (that main image on your home page), and to overlay text. Don’t have the budget to produce images? Hint: I was recently introduced to Canva to design those hero images, as well as images for Facebook and Twitter. Import your logo, photo, etc. or use one of Canva’s backgrounds, and you can then overlay text. My font and colors match the website, and it looks great! Best of all, it’s free!
- Use appropriate widgets to make announcements (photos add interest!), tease about upcoming events, show recent Tweets, etc.
- Incorporate a blog into your website. Even I do this one – LOL!
- Embed videos onto your website. Now, you probably don’t want to upload/store videos on your site due to the amount of storage space. However, it is easy and free to upload your videos on YouTube or Vimeo, then cut-and-paste the html code to embed onto your site.
- Consider providing some members-only content on your public pages to tease potential members. If it is all hidden within the members-only area, your potential members do not necessarily know what they are missing.
- Make content personal. Include a greeting when your members logon.
Have you read that more folks utilize mobile devices rather than desktops to access the Internet? Google ranks mobile-friendly sites higher than others. Is your website mobile-friendly?